View Single Post
Old 09-15-2008, 05:06 PM   #25 (permalink)
wyatt
EcoModder

Big Salsa - '04 Toyota Sienna LE

Silver - '10 Toyota Prius III
Line 1 should read something like "CONTRAST"
Line 2 should be 16 characters, about 10 numbers, ok, xx (not sure what the xx is for), "0000000315 OK XX"
Mine has never displayed white blocks, the whole display should be controlled together. Things to try (again if necessary)
1. Refresh the code (I had to do this twice for what ever reason)
2. Make sure your wires connecting the LCD to the rest are soldered well on both ends, and that the wire used is solder friendly (not all metals can be soldered).
I guess I don't know what else it could be, it almost certainly has to be something like that, since there shouldn't be any white blocks on that screen.
Cycling through screens is done by using the left/right buttons to move the cursor to OK and pushing the center button. Then you cycle through screens in the order of the code posted above... Contrast, VSS Pulses/Mile, MicroSec/Gallon, etc. until you finish your setup and then you should be taken to one of the screens that shows Instantanious MPG/Speed/Current MPG/Distance (or similar).
Do you have a picture of your setup that you could post? That way it could be verified that everything looks as it should.