Thread: Hi from Germany
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2019, 07:03 AM   #1 (permalink)
Constantin
EcoModding Lurker

Toyota - '07 Toyota Avensis T25 Combi Sol
90 day: 48.79 mpg (US)

Lotus - '08 Lotus Elise SC Sports Pack
Smile Hi from Germany

Howdy,...
after reading Julian Edgar's book ("how to modify the aerodynamics [...]") I got a bit obsessed with the ecomodding topic - and finally take the chance to briefly introduce myself.

I'm a big fan of cars, especially sport cars, Toyota's Hybrid technology and TESLA with a bit of a broad Engineering background in academia and a more specific background in automotive industry.

Cars:
The daily driver: Toyota Avensis estate car, 2.0 diesel, 124 hp, unknown in the US, but sold in Europe. Eco mods are rather difficult due to German authorities, requiring them to either blend in or be hidden. I currently have the 70% of the upper front grill blocked with car wrap, similar to its exterieur color, and are building rim covers that look "non-suspicious". Other (non aero) mods refer to DPF, EGR and software. Car is used for most things, including car camping, and by now has 160k miles.
Details of all aero mods will get uploaded seperately soon.
fuel efficiency is logged here: here.

The toy: Lotus Elise Supercharged. From my pov the greatest example for aerodynamic engineering. Surprisingly low running costs considering its performance. Like the Toyota Avensis, british build, but with a japanese engine (2ZZ-GE, engineered by Jamaha for extra high revs).

Other interests are hang gliding, air gun shooting, model plane flying and yes - money and frugal living

Best wishes,
Constantin

The Following User Says Thank You to Constantin For This Useful Post:
RedDevil (12-17-2019)