View Single Post
Old 09-15-2008, 05:47 PM   #28 (permalink)
Axaday
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcb View Post
Couple clarifications:

Once the values make it into the eprom (when you make it through all the setup screens) the program defaults are ignored.
So what do I need to do? When I take it to the car now, it is trying to disply "IM000.00" and "CM000.00". I say trying because the sides of the M's come on and off. And also because the contrast is always where I can't see, so I have to push all 3 buttons to go through setup. But I have to do that every time because it nevers saves my changes once it is unplugged.

In the long run, I'll be leaving it plugged in most of the time, but right now I'm carrying it in and out so that I can do internal investigations. But if I cleared its memory somehow would it forget that it had been through the setup and go by the defaults?

Quote:
Also the valid values for contrast are 0 to 255. The wrap around at 255 so Wyatts mention of 315 above is really a 60. Not a lot of room for a fancy editor so that's what is going on there.
Okay, I'm changing mine to 60.

Quote:
Ax, I suspect one of your lcd lines isn't set up right. Which model did you have again?
16x2 LCD Module White Characters Blue Backlight

I'm going to recheck the solders and the diagram now.