View Single Post
Old 12-17-2019, 03:07 PM   #14 (permalink)
redpoint5
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - CBR600 - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - Dodge/Cummins - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Mazda CX-5 - '17 Mazda CX-5 Touring
90 day: 26.68 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)

Model Y - '24 Tesla Y LR AWD
Thanked 4,390 Times in 3,364 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by oil pan 4 View Post
They can turn a subsidy into a penalty just like that.
Both sides do it.
Some retarded ev tax bill will likely be drafted early next year for new Mexico.
I will be paying 20,000 to 30,000 miles worth of fuel road tax each year if it passes.
The first time gm killed the electric car. This time the states will do it, at least all the ones not trying to force people to buy electric.

It still appears electrics and plug in hybrids are toys for mostly upper middle class and higher.
Yes, I blame all politicians and the citizens who elect them. Unfortunately we're stupid creatures that happily trade freedom for promises of "free" stuff. Most successful politicians realize this and leverage it for their political gain.

GM didn't kill the electric car; they pioneered it. The (lack of) economics killed it. You can't blame someone for making something unprofitable, and then being unwilling to continue selling it at a loss.

It's not just "Republican" states that tax EVs, often with higher registration fees. Oregon is pro-EV, progressive, and has implemented higher registration fees for EVs and cars that are more fuel efficient.

As I've been saying, infrastructure should be budgeted just like everything else; not funded by gasoline taxes. If the state wants to impose a "sin" tax on it, fine, but I don't see why something as necessary as infrastructure should be funded differently than all the other things that are less necessary.

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!