View Single Post
Old 12-18-2019, 07:00 PM   #20 (permalink)
redpoint5
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - CBR600 - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - Dodge/Cummins - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Mazda CX-5 - '17 Mazda CX-5 Touring
90 day: 26.68 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)

Model Y - '24 Tesla Y LR AWD
Thanked 4,388 Times in 3,362 Posts
rmay is right though.

I can somewhat kinda get behind a pay per mile tax since that attempts at "fair", but as I keep repeating, infrastructure is vital to all people regardless if they use it directly or merely benefit in nearly every aspect from it. Does it matter if I'm driving to visit someone and fronting the cost of that trip, or if the other person is making the drive? We both benefit. The cost of infrastructure is most fairly paid for by regular taxation, and budgeted just like any other government service we deem vital. Perhaps there's some interstate commerce that benefits from locally funded infrastructure. Who cares because we benefit when we're using their infrastructure.

Portland stands no chance at improving the current horrid traffic problems until technology begins to solve them. Telecommuting may alleviate some of the problem, but automation may help solve some of it too. I really don't know why so many people need to show up to an office when we all have computers and printers. I fix servers located states away from my home.

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!
The Following User Says Thank You to redpoint5 For This Useful Post:
roosterk0031 (12-22-2019)