View Single Post
Old 01-09-2020, 10:35 PM   #8141 (permalink)
freebeard
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,585 Times in 7,069 Posts
Quote:
You have no credible source for arson being the reason for the Australian wildfires. It's bunk.
You'll have to define credible source. Snopes? Infowars? Look for the baseline of inadvertent and deliberate human-caused fires historically. I've seen it but I can't be bothered to find it again.*
Quote:
The climate that we USED to have was relatively stable, and life had evolved to thrive in it. It has vastly changed - and it is rapidly changing even faster now. It means that plants and animals are dying, and species are disappearing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by myself
science.slashdot.org:Chinese Paddlefish, One of the World's Largest Fish, Survived the Meteor That Killed the Dinosaurs. But They Couldn't Survive Communism.
It was pollution that kilt the Chinese Paddlefish, not the climate.
Quote:
There won't be an ice age any time soon:
Logic would dictate that infrastructure be retooled for extremes of heat/cold air pressure excursions and EMF.

The most that any one person could do on their own would be to grow acres of hemp for the seed oil and then decoricate the stalks and use the hurds to make hempcrete. Atmospheric CO2 fixed with hydrated lime on an annual basis. The fiber becomes particle board or canvas and the seed oil used for paint, possibly paint-on self-nano-assembling solar panels.

Bamboo has it's place as well. Bamboo bicycle frame with hemp tape joins

https://woodworking.stackexchange.co...boo-bike-frame

If you have a house and a bicycle, anything else is stealing the childhoods of un-aborted babies.

edit: *IIRC about twice the normal rate.

2nd edit: The Oceans

Last edited by freebeard; 01-09-2020 at 11:50 PM..