View Single Post
Old 01-14-2020, 02:00 PM   #458 (permalink)
California98Civic
Cyborg ECU

Black and Green - '98 Honda Civic DX Coupe
Team Honda
90 day: 66.42 mpg (US)

Black and Red - '00 Nashbar Custom built eBike
90 day: 3671.43 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,172 Times in 1,469 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hayden55 View Post
I also got all of the misfire codes! Definitely glad yours weren't as serious lol
Thanks! It seemed kinda worisome at first. But with luck and patience and adequate testing, it came together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xist View Post
All of the misfire codes?! Congratulations! That is quite the achievement!
Thanks. But it was really just luck, with diligence to help it along. This car! Been with me since June 2001 when it had 27,000 miles. Now has 273,000.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xist View Post
I am surprised they reimbursed you to the price difference. Would they charge you if the part increased in price. How much time did you spend diagnosing everything? Was my misfire saga worse because I needed to replace the original distributor, which had not been under warranty for over a decade?
I had work and family stuff intervening so the car sat in my driveway for a few days after AAA towed it in. I suppose it was 5 hours applied time working on it. I already had some of the "known good" parts to swap. I bought a test light for the spark tests and distributor test, too. I was kinda joking in saying I got paid. It was not worth it. But I don't think they could up the price given their guarantee of a replacement. When the dude offered me cash, I expressed my shock. He explained. I thanked him. Xmas came early!
See my car's mod & maintenance thread and my electric bicycle's thread for ongoing projects. I will rebuild Black and Green over decades as parts die, until it becomes a different car of roughly the same shape and color. My minimum fuel economy goal is 55 mpg while averaging posted speed limits. I generally top 60 mpg. See also my Honda manual transmission specs thread.