View Single Post
Old 01-30-2020, 09:22 AM   #53 (permalink)
ldjessee00
EcoModding Apprentice

The Leaf - '17 Nissan Leaf SL

Outback - '16 Subaru Outback

Vaquero - '20 Kawasaki Vulcan 1700 Vaquero ABS
Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint5 View Post
How many times more earnings did Amazon make from 2009-2019? Then again, increasing sales of everything is easier to do than increasing sales of a few auto models. I don't think Tesla will be selling 20M vehicles per year in 10 years.

Then again, Tesla isn't just in the car making business. The real money will be in autonomous driving. Then there's all the other vertically integrated stuff the company owns that can have derivative products of their own.
I think this is going to be key. Their solar is starting to grow, battery storage is still growing, and as they slowly get their insurance company through the legal hoops in other states, that will be big. I believe they said on the earnings call that their insurance will cover the car for ride sharing and autonomous driving.

They managed to take on all the financial hits for a new factory on the balance sheet and still turned a profit (small via GAAP), but also put a billion+ in the bank?

I think Tesla is doing fine.

Stock Market is some kind of weird group gambling based on perceived value by a set of people who have a vested interest in the stock price moving up and down. Advisers make money when people move money around from one stock to another. If stock prices moved slowly and smoothly, less people would move their money around in stock, which means lower commissions for the Advisers...
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ldjessee00 For This Useful Post:
Fat Charlie (01-30-2020), freebeard (01-30-2020), Hersbird (01-30-2020), RedDevil (01-30-2020)