View Single Post
Old 02-01-2020, 07:15 AM   #205 (permalink)
All Darc
Banned

The only thing I found about vegetarians be more obese was about India.

But for USA I found vegetarians use to have, in average, lower body mass index :
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/veget...ight_n_4039441

I think some people when change to vegetarioan, after years used to eat meat, have some difficult and tends to eat more carbo. In this sense vegan meat (meat analog) would help them.
But I don't think it's the case for India, so I can't explain it. Maybe, due be a poor country, and meat be more expensive than grains, indians who don't eat meat have more money to buy larger amounts of calouries, in the form of grains.

I didn't refered to a sald buffet, when I talked about govern helping obesety, but about restaurants that are not fast food. In a good meal you can have all groops of the pyramide diet.
It's a prejudice responde like that, the sald argument, when someone talk about vegetarian or health food. Vegetarians do not eat just salads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint5 View Post
We have vegetable buffets in the States. Like a dummy I agreed to go to Sweet Tomatoes with a friend once, not knowing it was just an expensive salad bar. I ate for 90 minutes and left starving.

My anecdotal observation is that most Americans on a vegetarian diet are more overweight than the already overweight average population. I asked a friend of mine if they eat a lot of salad on their vegetarian diet, and they said no, but lots of potato chips and pastries.

We're mostly overweight from a high carb diet and sugary drinks. When you can knock back 180 calories in a few gulps and be hungry 15min later, you're set for trouble.

Anyhow, I like veggies just fine, they just aren't worth the effort to chew is the thing...

Last edited by All Darc; 02-01-2020 at 07:21 AM..