View Single Post
Old 02-05-2020, 12:32 PM   #7 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 30.54 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
I bought a Samsung Galaxy S6 from Back Market sixteen months ago for $160. I have had issues with the virtual keyboard disappearing repeatedly. When I use my bluetooth keyboard I have letters disappear, but it is still faster than Swype would be if everything worked right.

The battery seems to be dying already. My sister got married on Saturday and my phone was mostly dead from using GPS just driving Mom around.

I really should have brought my charging cable, shouldn't I?

I was finally able to get my hair cut and beard trimmed, but my family may be angry at me forever because I missed my sister's wedding.

I would have been back a little earlier, possibly before the ceremony was over, but I needed to stop at the hotel for my cable.

I definitely needed to bring the cable with me in the first place.

The hotel is on the way, but how long did it take to get off the freeway, turn right into the parking lot, park, run up, get my cable, run back down, leave the parking lot, make a left turn with traffic, cross the freeway, and then make a left turn?

My family wasn't friendly when I arrived, so I said that I was leaving. Mom said "Not in my car!"

"Fine! I am walking!"

Well, I walked four miles, and then got an Uber. I could have walked the last three, but it would have been a struggle, and I did not want to deal with being far sorer.

Sorer is a word?!

When I got back to the hotel my phone was dying again.

I gave up on battery cases. The batteries were great, but the phone was smooth plastic, and slipped out of my hand, so I bought the only Otterbox that I could still find.

It has not slipped once, but the battery keeps dying.

I carry the battery packs when I remember, but I have only used it once or twice. I like my S6, but it doesn't make sense to continue buying nice phones with problematic batteries.

When I originally posted this the Moto G6 was the latest, but the Galaxy S6 still had a significantly faster processor. There is now a Moto G8, but it is unavailable for Verizon, the only network that works up here. I cannot find that rugged Samsung with the removable battery, and I already feel that I spent too much time looking.

I need to get to work.

Back Market now has a mint (the highest classification) S6 for $72 with a 12-month warranty. I plan on buying one today, but I really need to get back to work.

If there are any annoying issues like with the virtual keyboard disappearing I am sending it back.