View Single Post
Old 02-08-2020, 12:38 PM   #8397 (permalink)
redpoint5
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - CBR600 - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - Dodge/Cummins - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Mazda CX-5 - '17 Mazda CX-5 Touring
90 day: 26.68 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)

Model Y - '24 Tesla Y LR AWD
Thanked 4,390 Times in 3,364 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freebeard View Post
An important question would be: Are you going to go with Tesla glass tiles?

Another would be: Once the carbon tax kicks in, what's the next best state to move to. I'm thinking Boise, Idaho.
I got an email from Tesla Solar in early January, which was unexpected. Their offer wasn't for the tiles though, but instead for conventional PV arrays. I don't even see an option for their tiles.

https://www.tesla.com/energy/design

I could live in Montana. Seems like a state committed to liberty and avoiding tyranny, plus it's beautiful.

If I'm off grid and EV though, I could avoid much of Oregon's shenanigans. There are ways to leverage a tyrannical system in a way that favors you, but the trick is doing so without also becoming corrupt. At that point it's worth considering taking a stand. Oregon might have a small but vocal/militant group of entitled snowflakes, but I bet there's a larger population of people with a spine. There's only so much institutionalized racism and tyranny those with a spine will allow to persist.

None of that is likely necessary though, because bad ideas eventually collapse on their own since eventually you drive out anyone of character and run out of other people's money. The California exodus is into their 3rd year, and it appears to be accelerating. Perhaps they will wake up and realize that enabling self-destruction is not love.

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!

The Following User Says Thank You to redpoint5 For This Useful Post:
freebeard (02-08-2020)