View Single Post
Old 02-12-2020, 05:04 PM   #243 (permalink)
redpoint5
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - CBR600 - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - Dodge/Cummins - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)

Model Y - '24 Tesla Y LR AWD
Thanked 4,393 Times in 3,366 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by All Darc View Post
If they had advanced morals, they would consider humans as a bunch of crasy people, maybe worse than how we see the people from middle age.

I'm still mot sure about your point of view. Maybe chimps have similar morals to humans (primitive humans).

Religious morals are mostly a alpha male figure moral, like animal kingdown in some way. God it's a figure of power, and in animal kingdow they fear pr respect power.
Morality has to do with the realization of vulnerability and mortality. Chimps aren't wondering what their peers will remember of them after they die, or what legacy they will leave behind, or what their 5-year plan looks like.

Aliens will be quite surprised to discover humans considering how uncommon moral beings are. Morality isn't essential to life.

Morality must come from religious belief because of the problem of defining something from nothing.

It's like asking how we know that rational thought is rational. You can't prove it's rational without just assuming it is. We take it on faith that being rational is good. The few people that claim to not believe in truth, morality, and reason are in disarray and live in chaos. Claiming there is no truth is a truth statement.

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!