View Single Post
Old 02-14-2020, 03:12 PM   #19 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 29.44 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint5 View Post
I don't know why you are not an actuary or data analyzer instead of a speech pathologist. In your free time you play with numbers. Might as well get paid to do it.
I love doing speech therapy, but I do not know how to make a career out of it. I am supposed to know if I am accepted into grad school in about two weeks and I am very stressed about completing that. I am also stressed about leaving Mom and my brother even two months each summer.

I took her to the E.R. a couple of weeks ago and the doctor said that had she come in a couple of hours later we could have lost her.

The summers-only program is the slow track, so there is less of a chance that she will be around when I complete it, or at least able to take proper care of my brother.

She mentioned yesterday that I may need to put my brother in a group home in order to complete my program.

I have worked in a number of group homes. I have committed to never allow him to go to one.

I may need to pursue a different line of work to support him, so it is good to have ideas.