View Single Post
Old 02-17-2020, 04:22 AM   #17 (permalink)
serialk11r
Master EcoModder

spyder2 - '00 Toyota MR2 Spyder
Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint5 View Post
I wonder what the Google results look like for Chinese that try to get more info on the doctor that announced the disease?
You know, instead of speculating and imagining weird conspiracies based on whatever TV you've watched about North Korea or the Soviet Union (which are not China), you can Google yourself to find every other article talking about all the official praise he's getting (highlighting that this is a very rare phenomenon in China too):
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ch/4688827002/

He didn't announce the disease, he messaged some doctor friends saying there were cases of SARS. The police brought him in, then he went straight home and was not booked in jail, then came down with the virus and died in the hospital. You can also easily find this if you read some news articles, which y'all clearly didn't.

State media and high level officials have called him a hero, but that's pretty ironic IMO because he didn't set out to warn people at all, it's just that since he died (publicly announced) that public anger exploded.

Telling people to stay indoors is obviously to avoid virus transmission...if you have a cough, don't you think you'd have a higher chance of infecting others if you're out and about? There's literally nothing else that can be done, since there's no cure or vaccine.

Come on, this forum is supposed to have fact-based, intelligent discourse, I know you're better than this, redpoint5 and hayden55. I don't want to see the stupidity of the internet reach here.

Last edited by serialk11r; 02-17-2020 at 04:56 AM..