View Single Post
Old 02-23-2020, 08:01 PM   #1 (permalink)
Flakbadger
Always Too Busy

White Lightning - '17 Nissan Leaf SV
Team Leaf
90 day: 159.47 mpg (US)
Nissan Leaf antenna removal questions--Involved with SatNav + SiriusXM, or JUST Sirius/AM/FM?

Hello all. I want to murder this antenna:

I have a few questions.

1) As I understand it, this is the Sirius XM and AM/FM radio antenna. Does anyone know if this is where the SatNav gets its info from too?

2) I have loosened the antenna mount from the roof, but can't find the connector to disconnect the wires. It seems to go behind a steel plate that the side curtain airbag inflator is attached to and there is no way I'm messing with that steel plate. To get this far in the first place I had to pull the headliner about halfway down the length of the car, so I have to use mirrors to look. The wire seems to disappear. This leads us to question 3

3) IF the SatNav ISN'T tied into the Sirius XM, can I just cut the damn wires and cap them? And pursuant to that, are they just regular wires, or Coax, or what? I don't ever plan on using XM radio because I don't care, but if I want to sell the car in the future I'd like to be able to undo any mods. Which is why I wanted to find the connector...

Thanks if anyone can shed some light on this. Driving me a little crazy.

EDIT: I have done a lot of Googling and haven't been able to get solid answers which is why I'm hoping someone here can help me!