View Single Post
Old 02-24-2020, 03:35 PM   #5 (permalink)
All Darc
Banned

According the video he intented to reach 69 mils high to see Earth's flatness (where it would be have a visible arc for any ane non idiot person). But his rocket didn't even reachs 1 mile, and I supose he knew it could not reach even 10 miles.
So why he risked hinself for a rocket he knew it was unable to reach anything decent???

Even if he could had a rocket to reach 69 miles high, and even he could survie return, and even if he had a video or film (chemical film) of the return, showing the Earth round and not flat as he imagined, and even if he recognize he was wrong and try to open the eyes of flatearther to truth, even so... Flatearthers would said the government bought hin or blackmailed hin or druged hin... They would never accept proofs, even photos,m videos, film, whatever.
It's simple, all that already exist, many films, since the V-2 rockerts experiments post WWII, It all exist in abundance, pluc science facts in equations. But they ignored. You can't argue with inane people, it's a lost of time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint5 View Post
Well that was sad. There's no reason to test the lifting capability with a human inside. Why not use ballast?

Parachute failures were the #1 failure I had with my model rocketry. Most of mine were lost due to detachment, failure to deploy, or not fully deploying.

If I were crazy enough to go up in a model rocket, I'd at least have a reserve chute and rocket escape hatch.