View Single Post
Old 02-29-2020, 05:23 AM   #34 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 29.44 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
It is after 03! Why am I still awake?!

I believe that we discussed 3d-printed homes before. I ran across a video, watched a few more on the subject, and this has as much information as any of them--not nearly enough. Does this meet building codes for anywhere in the U.S. [with regulations]? How much does it cost? When can I get one? How are these earthquake and tropical-storm resistant?

I previously found some videos that sounded like they were supposed to show people building sheds, but they just bought one from Home Depot. In one series of a half-dozen videos, Home Depot gave a girl a shed kit and other supplies, and she built it with her dad.

It was the hardest thing that she ever did!

A glorified dog house?!

I feel like building one from scratch and just saying "I enjoyed it."

However, I would feel obligated to keep a list of things that went wrong.

Undoubtedly, that would be a long list.

I like these videos. This carpenter in Norway started building small sheds and he can assemble one in two hours, although he hardly gives any other information. He said that business was slow until he started making these sheds and I believe that he said this was his most popular product.

They fit in his van, which makes delivery easy.

All that he says is they are about 30 square feet, but like Kevin's list of cheap home improvements, maybe this is something that I could do to earn money: