View Single Post
Old 03-02-2020, 11:18 PM   #17 (permalink)
Vman455

Pope Pious the Prius - '13 Toyota Prius Two
Team Toyota
SUV
90 day: 51.62 mpg (US)

Tycho the Truck - '91 Toyota Pickup DLX 4WD
90 day: 22.22 mpg (US)
Thanked 1,802 Times in 939 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ME_Andy View Post
Any idea where they got those numbers? I mean, very little is known about the EV-150
This is the only comprehensive article MT has published on upcoming electric pickups. The efficiency numbers come directly from battery capacity divided by range. However, MT estimated battery sizes (conjecture for every truck in the article except Rivian and Bollinger; no one else has announced battery capacities) and range (again, conjecture for every truck in the article; none of the trucks have received an EPA rating as yet, although Tesla does state "250 mi/300 mi/500mi (EPA est.)" on its website for the three versions of the Cybertruck), so these numbers could be way off--we don't have any way to know yet. As you point out, we know next to nothing about the EV F-150, and even Tesla has said nothing about the pack sizes that will be offered in the Cybertruck (in fact, Tesla hasn't even stated the actual capacities of the various Model 3 batteries--so I wouldn't expect to see that number published for the Cybertruck anytime soon).
The Following User Says Thank You to Vman455 For This Useful Post:
aerohead (03-04-2020)