View Single Post
Old 03-11-2020, 04:38 PM   #17 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 29.44 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
Romney wasn't welcome at the CPAC conference, where someone was kind enough to bring Covid.

One friend on Facebook complained about a politician politicizing the virus. I do not know what criteria they use for that claim, but if one side is guilty of it, both are.

She said to just wash your hands and avoid people with the symptoms. I do not know how easily they can spread the virus before they show symptoms, but I am naturally going to take precautions around people showing symptoms.

I am worried about the contagious ones that are not showing symptoms yet.

Other friends are joking about this, saying that this is the perfect time to go to Disneyland.

Lock yourself in a tin can for hours with travelers from all over.
Spend long days in one of the world's most popular tourist attractions, particularly with wealthy Asians.
Come back and tell your friends that you had the time of your life.
Sneeze on everyone.

What could possibly go wrong?!

In unrelated news, my supervisor had me install Grammarly because I had some typos, although I believe that I have better grammar than my supervisor. It doesn't catch some that I find while proofreading, but it flags many things that are perfectly fine.

Apparently the creators are at war with the Oxford Comma. It seems like most sources say the Oxford Comma is correct (possibly calling it something else), so why isn't there at least a checkbox for this?

Anyway, all of a sudden emojos have appeared while I was writing. I thought that I had the option of harassing my readers with pictographs, but it turns out that there is a new feature (that they did not ask if I wanted) that checks the tone of what you are writing.

The problem is that I wrote the following and it still showed a hugging emojo:

Quote:
Die in a fire you freaking idiot!
I hate you your mother should have smothered you with a pillow!
For the record, I was testing Grammarly, and if anything, talking to it.

You guys are okay.

On a good day.