View Single Post
Old 03-24-2020, 03:23 PM   #290 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 30.49 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,220 Times in 1,711 Posts
Linus wants you to use your computer to help find a cure!

I have watched few videos lately unrelated to the outbreak. People need a distraction, but also people making content keep saying that they are being demonitized, so I understand, I just am not interested.

Are they completely ignoring the pandemic? I am sure that most videos take a while to complete, but at some point this should start affecting them, like The King of Random, which is filmed in Utah. For a while they had far more cases than Arizona, with a fraction as many people, and it kind of seemed like they had even worse shortages. My sister said that she just goes to outlying suburbs and the stores have plenty.

Apparently Linus released this video yesterday and I just saw it now:

So, if you have unused computers, you can install some software, and lend unused processing power. You can use this while you use the computer, too, it just won't use too much power.

However, they set up a $25,000 machine, and all of my computers would only be a fraction as useful as that.

How many unused computers do they have? Can they run this on their work computers when they go home at night?

Shouldn't they be working from home?