View Single Post
Old 03-25-2020, 04:33 PM   #8600 (permalink)
redpoint5
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - CBR600 - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - Dodge/Cummins - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Mazda CX-5 - '17 Mazda CX-5 Touring
90 day: 26.68 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)

Model Y - '24 Tesla Y LR AWD
Thanked 4,390 Times in 3,364 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedDevil View Post
The common view here in Europe is that we're the ones fighting to save the climate while the oil producing countries and the US in particular are lagging badly with extremely high carbon emissions per capita, far worse in fact than your favorite hated commies.
How can you accuse others of non-participating...?

That said, we are far from perfect, and it is not a contest. Every measure against global warming helps, no matter where.
Commies are relative saints in the CO2 arena precisely because that system is inefficient at allocating labor resources and optimizing labor output. I don't hate them, I feel bad that they have been wrapped up in a failed idea, either voluntarily or involuntarily.

The Netherlands largest company is Royal Dutch Shell. It's like the cocaine dealer saying they are trying to cut back.

I do believe Europe is ahead of the curve in self-loathing, something which I see increasing in the US. The more that "advanced" societies convince people that their lives are meaningless and that their existence is a blight on the world, the less motivation people have to live.

My only hope for the US is that we learn from the early failings of Europe in time to make course corrections. That isn't to say that everything European countries does is a bad idea, or that there aren't things we should adopt to make the US better, but in general Europe is seeding their own destruction.

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!