View Single Post
Old 03-26-2020, 12:25 PM   #344 (permalink)
redpoint5
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - CBR600 - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - Dodge/Cummins - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)

Model Y - '24 Tesla Y LR AWD

Pacifica Hybrid - '21 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid
90 day: 85.85 mpg (US)
Thanked 4,459 Times in 3,425 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSH View Post
Only if you want the law completely determined by the Bureaucracy and courts. People already complain that too much the details of our laws are written by "unelected bureaucrats" instead of Congress.

How does Congress regulate allowed air pollution in 1 page?
Probably 10x more effectively than how we're addressing air pollution now.

The federal government would establish maximum thresholds from top health professionals, and then declare that states shall maintain air quality below that threshold or face x outcome. Seems it would fit on half a page... How to achieve the standards would be up to state and local government to determine how best to achieve those standards.

You'd have a bill for each type of pollutant of concern. If revised standards need to be implemented, the new bill either amends the previous one, or replaces it entirely.

That reminds me of how ineffective my previous boss was because he would list a very precise set of steps to take and leave out the objective. Customers would call back asking why things went terribly, and I'd just have to say I wasn't informed of the objective, and would have done differently had I known.

The federal government needs to be as broad and general as possible, which is why laws should fit on an 8.5"x11" page easily. Failure to do so indicates they are overreaching and creating inefficiency. Let the people near to the problem solve it.

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!

Last edited by redpoint5; 03-26-2020 at 01:00 PM..