View Single Post
Old 03-27-2020, 02:08 AM   #355 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 29.44 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
11,062 deaths in 5 days

I didn't want to do this! I really didn't want to do this!

[uses Google]

freebeard, are you talking about this? Deadly Germ Research Is Shut Down at Army Lab Over Safety Concerns?

I understand they were trying to fight girls' cooties.

I found an error in my averages by about half a percent. Instead, at our current rate, everyone in the world will have it June twenty-first.

"The Trump administration is planning to issue guidelines categorizing counties across the nation as high-risk, medium-risk or low-risk to help state and local authorities decide whether to bolster or relax social distancing measures intended to combat the novel coronavirus." -WSJ

"The coronavirus pandemic could kill more than 81,000 people in the United States in the next four months and may not subside until June, according to a data analysis done by University of Washington School of Medicine." -Reuters

What will make it subside besides reaching everyone that will eventually get it?

"Brazil’s governors pressed President Jair Bolsonaro on Thursday for more federal support in the coronavirus battle after he blasted them as job-killers and undermined their orders with a decree keeping churches open at evangelical preachers’ request. " -Reuters

"Leaders of the Group of 20 major economies pledged to inject $5 trillion in fiscal spending into the global economy to blunt the economic impact of the coronavirus and `do whatever it takes to overcome the pandemic.'” -Reuters

"President Vladimir Putin said he hoped Russia would defeat the virus in two to three months, as authorities suspended international flights, ordered most shops in the capital to shut and halted some church services." -Reuters

"Australia entered 4,000 healthcare workers into a trial to see if a century-old vaccine for tuberculosis can fight off the new coronavirus." -Reuters

They vaccinated them and then gave them coronavirus?

Unemployment will pay the equivalent of $21 an hour, 40 hours a week. I work two jobs and rarely make that much.