View Single Post
Old 03-30-2020, 01:40 PM   #449 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 29.44 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by serialk11r View Post
Let's be real, the President is a narcissist who believes what he's saying, so he's not lying.
That is not how that works!

We’re all video chatting now. But some of us hate it.

This is my job now. I am supposed to video chat for both employers. I was supposed to have been doing teletherapy for an hour and a half now, but I could not get an adequate connection at home. My work laptop either says that it cannot connect or "Request blocked."

I tried to connect my two laptops, but I have only gotten the old one to connect to the wifi once. I tried a bunch of stuff and did not get anywhere, but even when it was plugged into ethernet and this laptop was a few feet from the router, it was still garbage.

I tried this laptop and my phone with the same result. I finally came into school. The resource teacher, with whom I am supposed to share a room (rather, I get a small corner of her room), was already doing a Zoom session.

She might as well record a video and posted it on YouTube. I do not have any idea how many kids were supposed to be participating, but I hardly heard anything.

However, how am I supposed to do video chat with someone loudly and energetically holding her own video chat in the same room?

Am I supposed to commandeer and contaminate someone else's space [until they come in]?

How am I supposed to make sure that my connection works? I have had poor-quality, delayed, and garbed audio, but I also keep getting feedback loops.

That is the last thing that she needs!

The school supervisor called while I was still trying to connect my work laptop and my phone. So, I wasn't able to accomplish anything because she wanted to feel better about something.

I swear that my five-year-old phone is faster than my work laptop! I swear that my three-year-old $300 laptop is faster, too!

I finally connected the work laptop and my phone a bit after she hung up, but I am still troubleshooting feedback loops. The two devices are over twenty feet apart and it keeps happening.

That isn't enough distance?!

I finally have a final answer from NAU!

"We will get around to it!"

Edit! It sounds like the solution is to get a headset. Hopefully my head provides an adequate filter!

Also, the sound waves will start out weaker due to proximity to auditory receptors. I believe that humans call them "Earholes."

The awesome part is that it broadcasts little sounds that I do not normally notice like clicking my touchpad and squeaking my chair.

Last edited by Xist; 03-30-2020 at 01:53 PM..