View Single Post
Old 04-09-2020, 02:50 AM   #683 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 30.49 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,220 Times in 1,711 Posts
I think that people are fatigued from coronavirus news, while we are trying to stay safe, but did you guys see that Ted Bundy (or was it Al?) was threatening violence if the good people in Idaho weren't allowed to peaceably assemble (and die)?

As far as I know, more people died today than ever, but I did not even look at the number, despite my giant spreadsheet.

Eh. I will catch up. Maybe we are peaking. Maybe we aren't. Either way this will not be over soon.

Some people have wondered if Turnip is pushing fishtank products so hard because he stands to gain financially. Snopes says this is negligible. I think that he is just betting everything on something that has a chance to win, even though the odds are rather long.

From what I saw today our best hope lies in antibodies from people who already recovered. I think that I have been seeing this for a couple of weeks, but if they can identify 100,000 people who overcame coronavirus, each donated a pint, and the antibodies from that pint could help one person recover, that would really help everyone.

"Hey, we will give you these antibodies that will really help you recover, but you need to donate once everything is better."
"Nah, I am getting used to dying."

I thought this was clever, but people just downvote me whenever I try to come up with something:

I just updated my Middle of Nowhere thread. I saw one job opening providing support for Noom. It just does not list the pay. That would probably fit better in a more recent thread, but I feel that was taken over by trolls.

Did you guys see how much Costco's sales jumped over previous Marches?

I did not really see any articles today. I did not do any teletherapy, but finally scheduled two kids that I have been trying to reach for a week or two, and I tracked down e-mail addresses for most of my families. The last step is to call everyone again, but using *67 first.

I wonder how many people would answer [private], but now a local phone number.

I also finally dropped off packets for the families that do not want teletherapy.

I was supposed to do that a week or two ago. I will put together packets for everyone so when they finish I can get them another right away.

Also, scheduling in Zoom is complicated. There is a very simple method through the program, but it does not send out the invitations. You need to log in through the website and invite that way. It feels like far too many steps and it took far too long to schedule ten kids, but anyway, it feels like I am catching up, but I have two days to write my progress reports for my other job, and those are all weird and complicated now.

Oh. Someone please remind me to wish my first supervisor a happy birthday. She kept asking for updates almost two weeks ago when I was writing notes as fast as possible, but she has been fine since, while the other one is micromanaging.

Anyway, I hope that you guys are well. Please stay safe!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cODDKf0.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	48.9 KB
ID:	27857