View Single Post
Old 04-10-2020, 03:42 AM   #256 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.79 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
Just put cloth over the valve in the respirator. Now medical professionals can reduce the chances that they get sick and of spreading germs if they are asymptomatic!

Anyway, this thread is about turning a commercial shed into a house, or turning a shed into an office, or turning an office into an impenetrable bunker.

Things change over time.

I bought a 43" 4k television so that I could display all of the data that I use to write progress reports.

Sure, there are probably women that just use their iPhones, but I doubt they are accurately calculating their data. Whenever I ask therapists if they average the session data for each goal they just stare at me.

When I plugged the television into my desktop it worked perfectly, but today I plugged it into my laptop and I had less usable space on my 43" television than my 15.6" screen. I wasted at least an hour trying to fix it and then I set up my desktop in my office [shed]. I submitted my last couple of notes, saw one client, rushed home, and completed three whole progress reports.

They gave us a huge raise in October, but they keep giving us more paperwork, or at least our agency is continually making the paperwork more complicated.

The boss says that DDD (just guess what that means!) keeps trying to say that clients do not need our services or that a habilitation provider (who probably earns $13 an hour) could do our job, so our job is to convince them that we deserve a job.

Meanwhile, my school supervisor seems to think that her job is keeping parents from suing her.

I wonder if someone already tried.

We went from being able to write our notes in a couple of minutes to writing four full paragraphs each and every time, but it beats being audited?

The boss sent out an e-mail describing the changes, but strangely he did not mention the last new field. I e-mailed him asking if it was similar to an old field, but I have not heard back yet, and my supervisor refused to work, claiming that it was her "Birthday."

If you previously wrote a progress report the system copies over a number of fields, but we needed to do it manually, and then track down their latest evaluation, which for these clients was usually a year or two ago, and copy information from there.

One client is one of the highest-functioning clients that I have had and I have seen her for over a year, so each time that she completes a goal I need to come up with something new. Usually my clients are lower functioning, they complete goals infrequently, and they just go from one common goal to another, so that part is easy.

The first part of my first report was challenging because I only saw the client once this quarter. I also saw him once last quarter. I am unsure how many times I saw him the quarter before that, but we had a couple of months off after I dropped him for excessive cancellations. It was much easier to write those parts for clients that I saw a reasonable number of times.

However, for the other clients I needed to load each set of notes, put the data in Excel, and then put the averages in the report, and adjust the goals as necessary. For the client that I only saw once I just kept saying that I did not see him enough to have adequate data.

For some reason I decided to catch up with the coronavirus thread before coming in.

It was 35° when I finally came in!

I have a few hours to write reports before my first client and then I should be able to resume at 1430, I just wish that I could carry my television and laptop to the shed and get to work.

Take care and stay safe!