Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Off-Topic > The Lounge
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-06-2020, 01:57 PM   #251 (permalink)
Rat Racer

Al the Third, year four - '13 Honda Fit Base
Team Honda
90 day: 42.9 mpg (US)
Thanked 1,922 Times in 1,246 Posts
With the new to me CPAP that I got from CL just before this mess went down, I'm sleeping better than ever. It's way better than the old clunker that died in February.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepdog44 View Post
Transmission type Efficiency
Manual neutral engine off.100% @MPG <----- Fun Fact.
Manual 1:1 gear ratio .......98%
CVT belt ............................88%
Automatic .........................86%

The Following User Says Thank You to Fat Charlie For This Useful Post:
Xist (04-06-2020)
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 04-06-2020, 01:59 PM   #252 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,575 Times in 7,061 Posts
Quote:
Also, she wrote "Disable `File-Transfer' so there is no digital virus sharing."

Who says "Digital virus?!"
The only time I made the kind of money most Americas expect as their due, was fighting the virii, worms and trojans that Bill Gates exposed the world's computers to.

Quote:
Security: GHOST Vulnerability - Zoom Help Center
https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/art...-Vulnerability
Overview. The GHOST vulnerability is a 'buffer overflow' bug affecting the gethostbyname() and gethostbyname2() function calls in the glibc library. This vulnerability allows a remote attacker that is able to make an application call to either of these functions to execute arbitrary code with the permissions of the user running the application.
https://gbhackers.com/zoom-vulnerability/
Quote:
Zoom client for Windows supports for Universal Naming Convention (UNC), which is the feature that converts the URLs sent in the chat into hyperlinks.

So if the user click’s on the link it will open that with the default browser, but the problem resides in how the Zoom handles URLs.

A security researcher who goes by Twitter handles Mitch (@_g0dmode) discovered that Zoom client also converts the Windows networking UNC paths into a clickable URL.

If someone click’s on the UNC path URL then Windows will try to establish a connection with the remote site and windows will send the user’s login name and their NTLM password hash, by using the tools like John the Ripper, Rainbow, Hashcat crack attackers can capture the login credentials.
The problem is with the AuthorizationExecuteWithPrivileges API validation that fails to validate the binary that will be executed.

So a low-level user can inject the Zoom installer with malicious code to obtain the highest root privileges.

The second bug is with the Zoom module that handles webcam and microphone on Macs, an attacker could inject malicious code into Zoom that tricks the application to give access to the attacker also for the same session that webcam and microphone connected.

The vulnerabilities have been reported to Zoom by the researchers and no fix was provided yet.

Old 04-06-2020, 02:14 PM   #253 (permalink)
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 29.44 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
A bandana, homemade mask, and paper surgical mask would not seal, and they only filter the air that goes through them, not what leaks past when you exhale.

freebeard, users have not come up with a solution? Both masters have told me to change settings. The home health one said that she had a couple of clients use Zoom to browse the web.

They couldn't do that from their end?

By the way, my brother was kind enough to come out and lock me in my office in the shed.

It was not like the distractions were outside!
Old 04-06-2020, 03:45 PM   #254 (permalink)
Not Doug

The attempted micromanagement continues!

"I am not going to manage your time for you!"

If she tries any harder I will just quit.

At one point I palm-faced so hard she must have heard me. I am tired of explaining things when she clearly did not pay attention the first time. After several confounding questions I said "No Ma'am and I do not understand how you came to that conclusion."
Old 04-06-2020, 04:07 PM   #255 (permalink)
JSH
AKA - Jason

Adventure Seeker - '04 Chevy Astro - Campervan
90 day: 17.3 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,066 Times in 1,396 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xist View Post
A bandana, homemade mask, and paper surgical mask would not seal, and they only filter the air that goes through them, not what leaks past when you exhale.
They do the exact thing that surgical masks are made to do - capture water droplets that are exhaled when people breath and talk. In surgeries this is to prevent those droplets from contaminating the incision. With COVID 19 it is to prevent other people from inhaling those droplets or having them landing on objects that other people may touch.
Old 04-10-2020, 03:42 AM   #256 (permalink)
Not Doug

Just put cloth over the valve in the respirator. Now medical professionals can reduce the chances that they get sick and of spreading germs if they are asymptomatic!

Anyway, this thread is about turning a commercial shed into a house, or turning a shed into an office, or turning an office into an impenetrable bunker.

Things change over time.

I bought a 43" 4k television so that I could display all of the data that I use to write progress reports.

Sure, there are probably women that just use their iPhones, but I doubt they are accurately calculating their data. Whenever I ask therapists if they average the session data for each goal they just stare at me.

When I plugged the television into my desktop it worked perfectly, but today I plugged it into my laptop and I had less usable space on my 43" television than my 15.6" screen. I wasted at least an hour trying to fix it and then I set up my desktop in my office [shed]. I submitted my last couple of notes, saw one client, rushed home, and completed three whole progress reports.

They gave us a huge raise in October, but they keep giving us more paperwork, or at least our agency is continually making the paperwork more complicated.

The boss says that DDD (just guess what that means!) keeps trying to say that clients do not need our services or that a habilitation provider (who probably earns $13 an hour) could do our job, so our job is to convince them that we deserve a job.

Meanwhile, my school supervisor seems to think that her job is keeping parents from suing her.

I wonder if someone already tried.

We went from being able to write our notes in a couple of minutes to writing four full paragraphs each and every time, but it beats being audited?

The boss sent out an e-mail describing the changes, but strangely he did not mention the last new field. I e-mailed him asking if it was similar to an old field, but I have not heard back yet, and my supervisor refused to work, claiming that it was her "Birthday."

If you previously wrote a progress report the system copies over a number of fields, but we needed to do it manually, and then track down their latest evaluation, which for these clients was usually a year or two ago, and copy information from there.

One client is one of the highest-functioning clients that I have had and I have seen her for over a year, so each time that she completes a goal I need to come up with something new. Usually my clients are lower functioning, they complete goals infrequently, and they just go from one common goal to another, so that part is easy.

The first part of my first report was challenging because I only saw the client once this quarter. I also saw him once last quarter. I am unsure how many times I saw him the quarter before that, but we had a couple of months off after I dropped him for excessive cancellations. It was much easier to write those parts for clients that I saw a reasonable number of times.

However, for the other clients I needed to load each set of notes, put the data in Excel, and then put the averages in the report, and adjust the goals as necessary. For the client that I only saw once I just kept saying that I did not see him enough to have adequate data.

For some reason I decided to catch up with the coronavirus thread before coming in.

It was 35° when I finally came in!

I have a few hours to write reports before my first client and then I should be able to resume at 1430, I just wish that I could carry my television and laptop to the shed and get to work.

Take care and stay safe!
Old 04-10-2020, 01:18 PM   #257 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Quote:
...or turning an office into an impenetrable bunker.
Here's the part I want to see, or at least hear about.

Boing Boing ran a story Work in a $17k shed

Three small paragraphs and a bazillion ads. The link isn't worth your time, but it does suggest that now is the time for DIY.

Old 04-11-2020, 02:48 AM   #258 (permalink)
Not Doug

What are these "Ads" that you speak of?

You said that you were downloading Brave!

I just hope that in the course of posting 15,416 times you brought some good ad revenue to the forums. My posts are over 9,000(!) and I have endeavored to bring as little ad revenue as possible.

I do not mean to brag, but my small office, shed office (SOSHO?) is almost twice the size of the pictured one, although about the same size as the large one.

I love the workout space. It is one whole exercise machine!

No home gym for these customers!

I like the part about all of the wiring and stuff being done in the factory. I am sure that my one shop light would be adequate if mounted in the center of the ceiling and maybe two outlets for the entire space?

They are right, a small space does not need much HVAC, but those walls only look 2" thick, so one inch of insulation?

Yes, that is better than the R0 in my SOSHO, but since my ethernet cable does not seem damaged running under the back door, I ran a second electrical cable and have a 1,500-watt fan blowing on my feet. It must be making a difference, I stopped shivering!

Then again, rigging the door closed must have helped!

I am not considering unzipping my jacket, but my hands are operating within specified parameters, so at least I have that going for me.

How big are these wheels? I realize this office is the same one from the other picture, but here it looks tiny!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	5e8e5dadec7ddc699de63f17_mini-office-streetview.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	53.9 KB
ID:	27866   Click image for larger version

Name:	5e8e1fb0c7e2514438f261fd_Mini-Office%2002-p-500.png
Views:	94
Size:	129.0 KB
ID:	27867  
Old 04-11-2020, 10:27 AM   #259 (permalink)
Somewhat crazed

Thanked 1,111 Times in 980 Posts
Trailer tires. So at least 26" diameter
Old 04-11-2020, 12:06 PM   #260 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDG
The Brave browser is a fast, private and secure web browser for PC, iOS and Android.
I knew this so why would I have said that? I think it was Opera, but I've failed to this date. I find Waterfox to be adequate.

Reply  Post New Thread