View Single Post
Old 04-10-2020, 11:40 AM   #14 (permalink)
JSH
AKA - Jason

Adventure Seeker - '04 Chevy Astro - Campervan
90 day: 17.3 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,066 Times in 1,396 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hersbird View Post
Well I rode it to work for the first time and then ordered a suspension seat post and a new seat off Amazon while I was waiting to clock in. It actually wasn't that bad but why not make it better. It took me an extra 5-6 mins longer each way compared to driving, but when traffic gets busy again after the shutdown I bet the ride home may even save a minute or two. It did save me $.67 in diesel so just 1654 more trips and this thing has paid for itself! Oh wait I need 100 more that that to buy the new suspension seatpost and seat. The battery was just starting to show 4/5 bars on the hill home but once I stopped it went back to 5/5 bars. Don't know exactly what that means but am guessing I could probably go a week between charging although I'll probably do it every 2-3 days. I'm charging tonight because they say do 3, 12 hour exactly charges to initially balance the battery and I want to get that out of the way.
I'll be curious to see how you like. I see quite a few Rad Runners and Rad Wagons around here and they seem to be a good mix of quality and cost.

I think there is a e-bike in my future but I want a mid-drive with and internal hub which means I will likely need to build my own. I'm torn between a small gas motorcycle vs an e-bike for full time van life.

If you are using 20% of the battery SOC per day I would charge every night. Charging every 3 days (60%) will reduce battery by about 1/2. According to this chart discharging to 20-40% is optimal for battery life.

The charge comes from: https://batteryuniversity.com/learn/...ased_batteries
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2020-04-10 at 8.30.25 AM - Edited.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	42.9 KB
ID:	27861  
The Following User Says Thank You to JSH For This Useful Post:
Hersbird (04-10-2020)