View Single Post
Old 04-11-2020, 06:04 AM   #728 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 30.49 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,229 Times in 1,719 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freebeard View Post
They called it brain cancer for his family's sake.
There is something seriously wrong with you.

I do not know about that picture, but this one was in the New York Times:

Quote:
The rumors are based partly on images of a Syrian fighter who resembles Mr. Baghdadi, seen in photographs with Mr. McCain
Quote:
The man who was misidentified as Mr. Baghdadi in the photographs, Mr. Rogers said Thursday, was a commander of the Northern Storm Brigade, a group linked to the Free Syrian Army. Mr. Rogers declined to identify him by name, saying he feared for the man’s safety.
Quote:
Mouaz Moustafa, the executive director of the Syrian Emergency Task Force, a Washington-based group that helped to arrange the senator’s visit, said all of the people who appeared in those photographs were at risk. When ISIS published the first issue of its magazine, Mr. Moustafa said, it featured one of the photographs and proclaimed, “We have to cut all these people’s heads off.”
Here is a picture of Baghdadi posted by Business Insider in early 2015:

https://www.businessinsider.com/abu-...on-file-2015-2

That isn't the same man!

Abu Mosa?
This is the only picture that I can find, also from Business Insider, but from 2014:

https://www.businessinsider.com/abu-mosa-killed-2014-8

That isn't the same man, either!

That was Salim Idris in the picture and he was in the Free Syrian Army, which was fighting a dictator guilty of war crimes. I have not read anything good about Assad or bad about the FSA.

That is Mouaz Moustafa in the picture. He was part of a PBS article about a refuge camp: Most aid to Syria’s Rukban camp has been blocked for more than a year. Here’s why

This was part of what he said during one of his appearances on C-SPAN:
Quote:
I want to thank the council for having me. It is an honor to be on such a distinguished panel. Everyone should read this work by Anne about the detention in Syria. It has always been, for Syrian people, something that was not a secret, before the uprising, it was a tool to go after political opposition, activists. As the uprising happened, thousands and thousands of civilians were arrested. As the checkpoints popped up around the country during the war, as the war became more violent and complex, it became easy for anyone stop today check point to be taken. You didn't have to have done anything, you didn't have to act against the government, you could have just had the wrong name, been from the wrong neighborhood. The militia members, the security officers at the checkpoints could have had a bad day. That was good enough for you to be taken.
Political Imprisonment

What is the problem with him?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MCCAIN-jumbo.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	37.9 KB
ID:	27868   Click image for larger version

Name:	54e4e00969bedd9a68bdd5e5.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	21.4 KB
ID:	27869   Click image for larger version