View Single Post
Old 04-12-2020, 03:26 AM   #734 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 30.49 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,229 Times in 1,719 Posts
You are imagining things if you see ISIS members in random pictures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xist View Post
That was Salim Idris in the picture and he was in the Free Syrian Army, which was fighting a dictator guilty of war crimes. I have not read anything good about Assad or bad about the FSA.

That is Mouaz Moustafa in the picture. He was part of a PBS article about a refuge camp: Most aid to Syria’s Rukban camp has been blocked for more than a year. Here’s why

This was part of what he said during one of his appearances on C-SPAN: Political Imprisonment

What is the problem with him?
What does the building have to do with anything? I do not know who the guys on the left were, but compare your picture with the ones that I found on Business Insider and they are different men.

The ones on the right aren't terrorists.

This article details most of the ways that Turnip caused his own September 11th: He Could Have Seen What Was Coming: Behind Trump’s Failure on the Virus. However, it does not mention Turnip disbanding Obama's pandemic response team in 2018.
Quote:
[S]ome of the team members were reassigned to roles that included pandemic response
Partly false claim: Trump fired entire pandemic response team in 2018

We have had 20,580 deaths in the U.S.

Quote:
The 9/11 attacks killed 2,753 people in New York City at the site of the World Trade Center and 2,977 nationwide in the attacks that occurred in New York City, Washington, DC, and in Shanksville, Pennsylvania.
New York City's coronavirus death toll officially passed the number of people killed during the 9/11 attacks

Quote:
Since the start of U.S. military operations in Afghanistan through mid-2019, nearly 2,400 American servicemembers have died.
Coalition casualties in Afghanistan

Wikipedia says that 4,491 Americans died in Iraq. Casualties of the Iraq War

That totals 12,621.

I do not know what the total to date is, but the New York Times estimated that the September 11th attack and two wars cost $3.3 trillion in 2011.

How much is coronavirus costing us? Well, there was that $2.2 trillion stimulus bill and they are working on a smaller one.

It will be smaller, right?

I am sure that the 16,000,000 million jobs lost [so far] have been expensive, too, plus all of the millions losing wages.

Quote:
“The first rule of virus economics is that you gotta stop the virus before you can do anything about the economics,” Goolsbee said. “If we’re spending trillions, I don’t understand why we’re not throwing hundreds of billions at the things we need to stop the spread.”
Quote:
Trump actually warned that universal vote-by-mail could expand the electorate so dramatically that “you’d never have a Republican elected in this country again.”
Quote:
[Democrats] could insist on funding for zero-emissions geothermal drilling projects that could employ laid-off oil workers. They could insist on reviving an Obama stimulus program for solar and wind projects that helped launch renewable power in the U.S. and put thousands of installers to work. And if Republicans balked, they could insist on undoing that $170 billion real estate tax cut, or for that matter undoing the firing of that Navy captain who tried to protect his seamen from the virus. The House could pass a bill with any or all of those popular demands, then put the pressure on McConnell to send it to Trump’s desk as quickly as possible.
Quote:
As long as Democrats are terrified of looking like obstructionists, Trump won’t have to worry about obstruction.
5 Increasingly Hardball Versions of the Next Stimulus