View Single Post
Old 04-19-2020, 04:09 PM   #65 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 30.54 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
How many days since a school shooting?

I have been trying for a month to get a hold of some students that I used to see every week. On Friday I did a Zoom session with a five year-old who kept running away and I needed to wait for the mother to chase him down. I also worked with a girl that seemed completely incapable of focusing.

That is much less of a problem in-person, but I am saving four hours of driving for five clients, although the two on a reservation canceled half of the time. Also, behavior issues aren't my problem anymore.

However, the school supervisor wants to talk to me way more, and she gets upset when I do not drop what I am doing to talk to her [and still accomplish every little thing that comes to her mind].

They have canceled until further notice and so has a family in-town, but I only see him once a quarter, so at least I do not need to ask every week if we are [finally] having speech and frequently ask if we can do a make-up.

I have filled up the Accord 85 times in three years and eight months, so pretty consistently every two weeks, but I have gone twenty-three days since my last fill-up and I believe that I am just below half.

Safeway has gone down 22¢ in that time. I guess that isn't impressive, but the cheapest gas is $2.159 in-town, $1.879 half an hour away, and $1.499 an hour away. If I felt like going for a road trip I would use 2.07 gallons getting gas, which would cost $3.11 from that station.

I would potentially save $7.60.

How many of us would spend an hour and a half to save $7.60?

Dad used to drive 50,000 miles a year and filled up a gas can each time that he stopped for gas so that he didn't need to do so as frequently, but he grew tired of the smell. He left behind several containers of various sizes, I could probably bring back months' worth of gas.

I am pretty sure that if I tried to do that gas would keep getting cheaper.

The tires are wearing low, but dry rot may be a bigger concern.

I think that I finally caught up with work, so I can start working on my cars again. I may finally fix them!

There were a bunch of articles and news segments saying to not use hand sanitizer, just wash your hands!

Liquid soap became difficult to find.

I put a spray nozzle on a bottle of 70% isopropyl alcohol.

I just hope that helps.