View Single Post
Old 05-02-2020, 09:03 PM   #154 (permalink)
freebeard
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,597 Times in 7,080 Posts
Can we still talk in here? This isn't about politics it's about the news reporting on stuff. I've been going to WION for news. Palki Sharma seems to give straight news with no editorial varnish. Then I find this:

https://youtu.be/YhX9iu_Q95U

It's like a parody short course on how the media slants the news. But in the comments someone points out the 2014 Tide Pod challenge. Explains a lot?

A continuing benefit is quarantine songs. Although this one is an [out-dated] ad:

I was looking something up and found this:
Quote:
Campbell's law
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Campbell's law is an adage developed by Donald T. Campbell, a psychologist and social scientist who often wrote about research methodology, which states:

"The more any quantitative social indicator is used for social decision-making, the more subject it will be to corruption pressures and the more apt it will be to distort and corrupt the social processes it is intended to monitor."
Also explains a lot. Like, Quantum Physics.

edit:
We are reminded Oregon has a Democrat governor:
www.redstate.com: Oregon Governor Extends Lockdown to July 6

www.kgw.com: Oregon Country Fair, iconic counterculture event, upended for first time in 50 years by coronavirus
Quote:
Oregon Country Fair, iconic counterculture event, upended for first time in 50 years by coronavirus
The Oregon Country Fair, held each summer outside Eugene for five decades, is all but certain not to happen this year.
One of the West Coast’s pre-eminent and longest running counterculture festivals has been upended because of the coronavirus pandemic.

The Oregon Country Fair, held each summer outside Eugene for five decades, is all but certain not to happen this year, Executive Director Wally Bomgaars said in a letter published this week.
People have gathered there for 11, 050 years. There was a prior hiatus Let's hope it survives into the Golden Age.

Last edited by freebeard; 05-02-2020 at 09:32 PM..