View Single Post
Old 05-13-2020, 10:54 AM   #28 (permalink)
California98Civic
Cyborg ECU

Black and Green - '98 Honda Civic DX Coupe
Team Honda
90 day: 66.42 mpg (US)

Black and Red - '00 Nashbar Custom built eBike
90 day: 3671.43 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,172 Times in 1,469 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JulianEdgar View Post
... And garbage that I think is dressed up in high falutin' language that gives it false credibility. (But as a teacher of writing, that might be just my unwarranted bias.)
This kind of attack is really not useful. Not everything aerohead says is right, or wrong. The exact same reality applies to you. This is a group that cross-examines everything. Your claims too. As for aerohead, in certain spheres he has earned significant credibility. That truck freebeard posted about has done top speed tests at Bonneville and been in atleast one professional wind tunnel. And it has thousands and thousands of miles of real world MPG data. Before that verhicle, there was a highly modded Civic CRX that was at least top speed tested at Bonneville. He has done his own fabricating and has shared what he learned for fun and for free here and elsewhere. All of that deserves more respect than you are granting.
See my car's mod & maintenance thread and my electric bicycle's thread for ongoing projects. I will rebuild Black and Green over decades as parts die, until it becomes a different car of roughly the same shape and color. My minimum fuel economy goal is 55 mpg while averaging posted speed limits. I generally top 60 mpg. See also my Honda manual transmission specs thread.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to California98Civic For This Useful Post:
COcyclist (05-13-2020), freebeard (05-13-2020), MeteorGray (05-13-2020)