View Single Post
Old 05-17-2020, 02:19 PM   #1 (permalink)
California98Civic
Cyborg ECU

Black and Green - '98 Honda Civic DX Coupe
Team Honda
90 day: 66.42 mpg (US)

Black and Red - '00 Nashbar Custom built eBike
90 day: 3671.43 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,172 Times in 1,469 Posts
Good dyno tests of modifications (video & screenshots)

There are a lot of people out there who will test something on a dyno and post a video or a screenshot of the readout showing HP and torque changes. Often, the tests are done to see how the car overall is doing after several modifications and tuning. But this thread is for collecting links to a smaller set of videos and posts that test individual mods. Some are good tests, and some are not good tests. But any video where they make a reasonable effort to control conditions as well as isolate the mod to reveal its effect on power output on the dyno is good enough for this thread. If this thread goes anywhere and a real list develops, I will come back to add an index to this post, with permalinks for results below.

First up, a pretty good test of a throttle body spacer by LHT Performance. LHT is a great veteran Honda modification outfit. I came across this test a few months ago. The heart of the testing begins at 11:40:

See my car's mod & maintenance thread and my electric bicycle's thread for ongoing projects. I will rebuild Black and Green over decades as parts die, until it becomes a different car of roughly the same shape and color. My minimum fuel economy goal is 55 mpg while averaging posted speed limits. I generally top 60 mpg. See also my Honda manual transmission specs thread.

The Following User Says Thank You to California98Civic For This Useful Post:
Ecky (05-18-2020)