View Single Post
Old 05-27-2020, 06:31 PM   #263 (permalink)
gumby79
Master EcoModder

little jona - '91 Dodge D 250 first gen cummins LE
Team Streamliner
90 day: 23.4 mpg (US)

Little Jona airo modded - '91 Dodge RAM 3/4 TON D 250 2×4 AUTO
Pickups
Team Cummins
90 day: 18.5 mpg (US)

The Salted Hound Jenny. - '87 Dodge Ram 50/D-50 5sp 4X4
90 day: 20.24 mpg (US)

Jona Allison aero - '91 Dodge Ram D-250 Le
90 day: 20.76 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JulianEdgar View Post

Yes that could be done. However, at this stage I use throttle stop testing only for changes that are made on the spot.
I guess I was thinking too far ahead. Any future changes to the barge boards / Edgarwit external air curtains to correct the lack of attached flow past 1/3-1/4 cord at "any angle of attack/yaw angle " a direct result of using the wrong airfoil profile as we both agree the only way we can find out if a modification is done right is to test. This modification was done well not right, the only way to do it wrong is to get a net negative result, do not let this statement detract from the Brilliance of your device I have a similar design drawn years ago. Inspired by the Dodge racing team that attempted reverse flow Cooling, in high-pressure with a base of the windshield out through the front. They were successful in their designing and function testing up to 205 miles an hour where the belt would start slipping next iteration was going to be a COG belt, the team member that return my email said NASCAR stepped in and they're not even allowed to talk about outside of what was published in the article. for every team member would be banned from Nascar for life.

"Further testing and versions will be required to get it right." you're advice to us, our advice to you

Future Generations will need calibration runs . I still need to post my retractionon on that thread. I was completely wrong about my analysis of the flow with the eroding clay. I assumed a single yaw angle. A very nice presentation would be a series of eroding clay different yaw angles, to see the impact this has, at least two with the same yacht angle but from opposite sides.

Quote:
(But I am still struggling to understand how that helps on engine modifications, as you suggested.)
This would be the perfect use case of Windows Up Down pretest calibration step to cancel out inherent environmental changes over time. Let's face it back-to-back tests among many other RPM targeting things, changing a turbo from a cast wheel stocker to a forged Billet wheel(effect of swap: less inertia lighter material faster spin capability less lag lower spool more power and Tq on the same fuel) is going going to take too long to have an accurate run because a few millibars of pressure priming the new turbo is going to have a direct effect on the result and this does not matter where you live in the world weather happens. helped to pick out the small gains and losses.
---
I plan to apply /mix your goodness and this,accurate temperature measurement to help with with accuracy of assment of modifications.

another conundrum in your presented understanding of diesel is that changing speed due to a change in drag will change the RPM/speed but the torque will stay steady, yet more RPM at the same torque value equals more horsepower regardless of fuel type.

Ps I'm not trying to fight with you I don't think anyone here is trying to fight with you please lose the aggression a community without aggression functions a lot better
Best mpg : 31.32mpg 100mi 3.193 USG 5/2/20

Former
'83 GMC S-15 Jimmy 2door 2wd O/D auto 3.73R&P
'79 Chevy K20 4X4 350ci 400hp msd custom th400 /np205. 7.5-new 14mpg modded befor modding was a thing
87' Hyundai Excel
83 ranger w/87 2.9 L FI2wd auto 18mpg on the floor
04 Mitsubishi Gallant 2.4L auto 26mpg
06 Subaru Forrester XT(WRX PACKAGE) MT AWD Turbocharged 18 plying dirty best of 26mpg@70mph
95Chevy Blazer 4x4 auto 14-18mpg
04 Chevy Blazer 4x4 auto 16-22mpg