View Single Post
Old 06-02-2020, 02:16 PM   #33 (permalink)
California98Civic
Cyborg ECU

Black and Green - '98 Honda Civic DX Coupe
Team Honda
90 day: 66.42 mpg (US)

Black and Red - '00 Nashbar Custom built eBike
90 day: 3671.43 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,172 Times in 1,469 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by deluxx View Post
Would you buy eBay suspension parts?
I noticed I have a bad inner tie rod end.
I also noticed a kit on Ebay would easily convert my car to a manual steering system.
A Complete kit. https://ebay.us/dO0mBR
That is interesting because it claims to be a complete kit for your specific car. I have thought of this mod too, but never saw a kit. Waiting for my own steering components to necessitate replacements, then a swap is likely. I might take inventory of this kit's components and hunt for a rack about which I might get more details as to the gearing, how many turns lock to lock. I had notes on manual racks from sport trim Civics and Integras, but I cannot find it. They have fewer turns, lock to lock. So when it comes time for me, I'll try to nail down that info and then hunt car-part.com for the right part.

The kit probably works? It is probably lighter than your existing PS rack.
See my car's mod & maintenance thread and my electric bicycle's thread for ongoing projects. I will rebuild Black and Green over decades as parts die, until it becomes a different car of roughly the same shape and color. My minimum fuel economy goal is 55 mpg while averaging posted speed limits. I generally top 60 mpg. See also my Honda manual transmission specs thread.

The Following User Says Thank You to California98Civic For This Useful Post:
deluxx (06-03-2020)