View Single Post
Old 06-02-2020, 07:38 PM   #23 (permalink)
JulianEdgar
Banned

Thanked 1,605 Times in 1,136 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4drviper View Post
So, from #1 I understand that VGs will "attract" the center of pressure toward their downstream area.

And from #2 I understand that what I was going to do could easily (when overdone) worsen the crosswind instability by keeping the center of pressure even more off.
No, I don't think so, but I've never really thought about it in those terms. VGs just energise the boundary layer and so potentially give better flow attachment where separation is occurring.

Quote:
I was also considering directly placing them on the A-pillar which would also deal with the buffeting with open window at medium to high speeds. So I start at the bottom of A-pillar and where should I stop?
No idea. Testing is king.

Quote:
For some reason I feel putting them on the roof between the top of B and C-pillars would be effective.
No I don't think so.

Quote:
Speaking of 1G Insight, are you the person who wrote Autospeed blog? That's where I read about the idea to place airtabs under the car.
Yes I was employed as editor at AutoSpeed for a long time. The very brief mention I made there of putting AirTabs under the car was very anecdotal - and was stated as such. There's far more detail, testing and analysis of VGs in my book.
The Following User Says Thank You to JulianEdgar For This Useful Post:
4drviper (06-02-2020)