View Single Post
Old 06-05-2020, 06:21 PM   #33 (permalink)
JulianEdgar
Banned

Thanked 1,605 Times in 1,136 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerohead View Post
1) Tufts demonstrate phenomena limited to the boundary region, whereas only smoke flow visualization can accurately represent attached/ separated flow.
Tufts demonstrate what is happening on the vehicle surface, and since we're talking about pressure drag, it's only on the vehicle surface that we're actually interested in what is going on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerohead View Post
2) No one will dispute your Magnehelic readings. If you want to come over to the 'States' and measure Spirit, come on. You will basically find positive pressure acting fore and aft, and 'neutral',or zero lift. That's all I'm claiming for the 'template.'
I am always puzzled by why people want me to come and do their testing for them. All the testing I do is:
  • low in cost or even free
  • done on normal roads
  • done quickly and easily
  • requires almost no technical knowledge

But I need to come and do it for you?!

As for no one disputing my surface pressure measurements, I am sure you will find a way of doing so very soon, when they show what you are saying is quite untrue.

How's that 'positive pressure acting fore and aft' going, then? Just as I'd expect, look at all those low pressures over those top curves.

Stand by 'Aerohead' saying that pressure testing has become invalid, just as tuft testing now apparently has!

Last edited by JulianEdgar; 06-09-2020 at 06:36 AM.. Reason: Photo updated to show latest results