View Single Post
Old 06-07-2020, 10:02 PM   #367 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 29.44 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
My dating site showed a woman with "slpa" in her name. She shouldn't be an SLPA, that is in all caps!

She is a lazy SLPA--in another state, but for some reason she is doing teletherapy with Arizona clients. The agency pays the same as mine does for clients in Tucson, Flagstaff, or the Phoenix area, but the state pays better the farther the client lives from those places and so does my agency, but some companies pay the same everywhere and keep the difference.

I do not know if they only take on clients in metropolitan areas or if they take on clients throughout the state and pay teletherapists the same to work from home, but she is supposed to work full-time for them. If that actually is 40 hours a week then I would be in a strange new tax bracket, completely skipping the one in between.

It would more than double my current income, almost triple!

However, instead of working 20, maybe 25 hours a week at the school everything would be through Zoom. I wouldn't want to maintain that indefinitely, I sure would miss my students, but in theory I would have the cash to buy a house like the ones that I have pursued in two years.

Would it be better to put 20% down 5 times a year? I doubt the banks would believe the mortgage was for my own house.

"Just like the last four, Sir?"

So, 730 days from now, do I want 10 rentals 20% paid off, or one at 100%

For some reason that SLPA pushed me to apply, but refused to answer any questions. Now she is trolling me for not liking GMs.

I keep trying to talk about work!

Curiously, an SLP messaged me from a third state the same day.