View Single Post
Old 06-10-2020, 04:06 PM   #257 (permalink)
mvrroking
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by S Keith View Post
That's the opposite of what he needs. What he's saying is, the charge is terminated at 6500 and destroys the discharge capacity reported as part of the cycle. Setting it to a lower value would just have it terminate early with a similar result (except it would get less charge for the next discharge).

He has multiple options.
  1. Abandon all hope. This has been demonstrated to be an exercise in futility. Grid charging/discharge produces equivalent results in far less time, and grid charging is going to be needed for continued reliable operation.
  2. Suck it up and buy a replacement pack. Most if not all of the sticks in that pack are likely bad. That's how Honda rolls.

If he truly prefers violently piercing his sack repeatedly with a pickaxe, then he has the following options:
  1. Stop using a pathetic toy to try to test high current cells.
  2. Split the cycle into individual operations, so the data doesn't get lost.
  3. Turn cap limit off and let the charge terminate via -dV (this requires a high quality connection such as ring terminals bolted to the stick - not alligator clips). Also good to set a temp limit of 50°C if he has a temperature sensor, but it needs to be strapped to the hottest cell.

I literally just put 11 Honda packs from a mild climate through reconditioning.

Zero good sticks. Many candidates would work with grid charging, and ALL of them had great capacity, but one or more cells in each stick wouldn't hold charge.
Ive looked into a couple of grid charger but is there any recent DIY guide or already made grid charger that you would recommend. FINALLY I have an answer to what in the world that error meant. Im not sure if this charger would also be inefficient for determining what cells are good or bad -> Hitec X4 Pro AC/DC. If anyone else here could also help me with finding quality individual cells that'd be great. I know most are from china cant do much about that.