View Single Post
Old 06-20-2020, 03:52 AM   #43 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.79 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
I connected the cable to the only thing that looked possibly correct, but none of the mechanisms down there move, not when I move the temperature control knob, and not when I move the blend door. I spent hours trying to find out more information. These pictures indicate that I attached the cable to the right spot, but I could not find any explanation for why nothing moved, so I asked where I found the previous images, where I found this one, and on Honda-Tech.com. I despised asking in forums where someone may or may not respond and people may or may not try to be helpful, but I figured that I the sooner that I did it, the sooner that I might possibly have a potentially useful response, like this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tech8 View Post
See this other thread (post # 2) for the service manual section regarding adjustment of the air mix control cable.

https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-...s-hot-3079605/
https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-.../#post52202352
​​​​​​​
Someone asked for help, Former User, who posted over 45,000 times in 9 years, but only had 15 likes, shared the temperature control adjustment procedures for a 1996 - 1998 Civic.

Ah. Right. That is in my instructions. Hopefully I followed everything else from my 13 pages of instructions, which missed how to remove a bracket, something else, and then I needed to print off the SRS diagram, so those instructions will be more like 18 pages.

The original poster said "I have no idea what the heck this picture shows, but I will give it a try."

Apparently he died. There is not a follow-up. What happened?!

Open the cable clamp under the hood, disconnect both ends of the heater valve cable, and disconnect the clamp under the dash.
Set the temperature control dial on Max Cool with the ignition switch On (II).
Attach both ends of the heater valve cable.

96 - 98:

99 - 00?

It is just weird to me that it sure looks like
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	z2.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	51.5 KB
ID:	28495   Click image for larger version

Name:	z5.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	41.7 KB