View Single Post
Old 06-27-2020, 02:40 PM   #160 (permalink)
ACEL
Ecomodder

AcuraMatata - '99 Acura EL Base
90 day: 36.82 mpg (US)

Le Vehicle - '12 Dodge Gran Caravan SE
90 day: 24.27 mpg (US)
Upper grille block could look better

Your upper grille block could look better.

The upper grille is easy to remove on this Civic. Just remove the grille and block it with black choroplast on the back. Use some good fabric tape to make sure the chloroplast won't move and voilą! Nobody sees your upper grille is blocked.

The lower grille is somewhat harder to block aesthetically. I sort of went from the center of the opening where the license plate use to be. Choroplast or aluminium painted black and good fabric tape around the top and bottom edges to the plastic bumper cover did the job. In need, I can remove this lower block.

Until now, the engine coolant temperature never went above 200 Fahrenheit while moving in above 90 degrees temperature days. When stalled in traffic or going uphill or with heavy load, the coolant temperature goes higher than 200 Fahrenheit but the thermostatic fan comes on and avoid higher temperature and eventual damage.

To read the coolant temperature, I use TorquePro app with an Android phone getting data directly from the ECU through a OBD2 Bluetooth adapter. 20 US$ max.

Good luck with your mods,

Real

1999 Acura EL or Civic EX sedan - dropping Cd from 0.33 to below 0,20
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ACEL For This Useful Post:
California98Civic (06-27-2020), deluxx (06-27-2020)