View Single Post
Old 07-02-2020, 06:51 AM   #52 (permalink)
bobo333
EcoModding Apprentice

F Truck - '77 Ford F100 2x4, single cab, lwb
90 day: 8.75 mpg (US)

Bombodore - '98 Holden Commodore Exec Wagon
90 day: 21.35 mpg (US)

Civic - '93 Honda Civic GL
90 day: 36.62 mpg (US)

Jim The Prius - '09 Toyota Prius
90 day: 36.66 mpg (US)
It seems my previous reply didn't post properly and has disappeared, bummer.

Im still having intermittent fuel problems, "premium" fuel seems to help the engine run more smoothly and powerfully than the cheap stuff but I still get P0171 'system too lean' and P3190 'poor engine power' every few days if I reset the codes.

I've borrowed an "engine data scan" computer from my dad which allows me to check and reset codes (basically a cheap scan gauge imitation). Unfortunately the gauge part doesn't work the way I expect it should and seems to randomly turn on and off whenever it likes rather than anything to do with the key or engine being on or running. I still want to get a proper Bluetooth module so I can use the Prius apps.

Leading up to my current road trip I finished off the towbar and rear carrier:

I also found a whole bunch of old election signs, so many corflute creations are in my future, the first of which is some window covers for this camping trip.

Halfway through the 12 hour voyage to the High Country I decided to do some exploring on the back streets and wound up running out of gravel road as it turned to clay very quickly.

After many hours of digging the sticky clay out from the rear wheel arches to allow the wheels to turn again (only to have them clog back up within a few metres) the sun came up.

After many more hours of digging and skidding and dragging the clogged rear end along, a friendly farmer came by and helped me out with his tractor.

The second half of the trip was less eventful, and despite 15 hours of muddy hell and running the heater to keep out of the freezing outside temperatures I still managed 34mpg on this tank lol.

More coming soon.

(Posted in 2020) 2009 Prius Off Road project: https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthre...ide-38366.html

(Posted in 2012) 1977 F100 Project: http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthrea...tml#post310326