View Single Post
Old 07-14-2020, 06:37 PM   #143 (permalink)
California98Civic
Cyborg ECU

Black and Green - '98 Honda Civic DX Coupe
Team Honda
90 day: 66.42 mpg (US)

Black and Red - '00 Nashbar Custom built eBike
90 day: 3671.43 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,172 Times in 1,469 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galane View Post
Look up Hoovie's Garage on YouTube and the "adventures" with a 740i Sport. He buys cars that originally cost a lot of money but are being sold cheap due to either things needing fixed or impending difficult and costly maintenance needs.

As for being relevant to this forum, he put nitrous on a Prius.
I played this video for my daught and her boyfriend yesterday night. It was fun to see Hoovie rag on BMW (un)reliability. We've been working on her car more than we have been driving it! Ha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post

Added this to the Mirage last evening. This car's factory body kit (LOL!) required alterations compared to the dam I made for Mirage #1. (Which I kept.)

The body kit extends down about 1 inch at the corners of the front bumper and along the rocker panels vs. without.
That's good looking! I always found it hard to shape well. I'm digging the AluPoly I have now.
See my car's mod & maintenance thread and my electric bicycle's thread for ongoing projects. I will rebuild Black and Green over decades as parts die, until it becomes a different car of roughly the same shape and color. My minimum fuel economy goal is 55 mpg while averaging posted speed limits. I generally top 60 mpg. See also my Honda manual transmission specs thread.