View Single Post
Old 07-17-2020, 12:43 AM   #14 (permalink)
MakitaDiesel
The Practical Modder

Thunder - '85 Honda CRX Si
90 day: 44.84 mpg (US)

Lightning - '89 Honda CRX HF
Last 3: 46.25 mpg (US)

The Darkness - '97 Honda Civic DX
90 day: 41.84 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by California98Civic View Post
Get that feeling we might not see MakitaDiesel again for a few more years?
Ha, if that ends up being the case then I'll be consistent as well as persistent.

To answer your question, I haven't relaxed enough while driving it to fully accept that it may be fixed. The other shoe surely will drop any day now and the old problem will surface once again in my mind. It's as if it stormed every single day you got in your car for 15 years then one day it was bright and sunny. Why isn't it raining you'd say. This was my first swap, my first serious project car ever and it gave me maybe 4 weeks of smooth operation in over 15 years. The cruise/buck occured enough to illicit a permanent scowl but other than a cracked solder joint in the main relay she has started and ran the entire time so I just tolerated it the best I could. I still expect it to drive like **** but it just doesn't now. Amazing. I feel I almost have to drive it an equivalent amount of time with this great drivability to make up for lost time with a garbage idle and hours of trial and error. To top it off, the fix was free.

Mak