View Single Post
Old 07-17-2020, 01:21 AM   #16 (permalink)
MakitaDiesel
The Practical Modder

Thunder - '85 Honda CRX Si
90 day: 44.84 mpg (US)

Lightning - '89 Honda CRX HF
Last 3: 46.25 mpg (US)

The Darkness - '97 Honda Civic DX
90 day: 41.84 mpg (US)
Not sure how feasible that is for this car, honestly. 10 years ago I built a '97 Civic Hatch DX + '98 D16Y5 to replace my then trusty (but rusty) '85 CRX Si with 260k. Next I bought an '01 Insight for daily duties and the '89 HF was on the chopping block as it was the oldest car in the trio. Due in part to the cruise/buck issue I sold the '97 Hatch to a friend who was in need of reliable transportation because I didn't want to sell him a (perceived) clunker with a constant stutter. Fast forward to present day and my latest creation is a '00 Insight with a K24a2 swap three years in the making. It should be road worthy by year's end. The '89 HF is back to being the oldest. Both Insights are aluminum bodied and impervious to rust, have A/C, airbags and I don't need three cars. The CRX has them in cornering no contest. We'll see how the swap turns out, no decisions will be made until she proves trustworthy and any kinks are worked out. All electrical grounds will be suspect until proven innocent.

Mak