View Single Post
Old 09-23-2008, 12:44 PM   #12 (permalink)
wagonman76
Master EcoModder

Red Car - '89 Chevrolet Celebrity CL 4 door
Team Chevy
90 day: 36.47 mpg (US)

Winter Wagon - '89 Pontiac 6000 LE Wagon
90 day: 28.26 mpg (US)
I just hope to god that a deer doesnt jump in front of me, because thats all too common here. The ones who most commonly do that to me are the 18 wheelers, ride a few feet from my bumper. Its nothing new, its been like that since I started driving in 1992. I can speed up to 70 in a 55 and they still just stay right on me so I figure why bother trying. Its nice when the mpguino numbers go up, but kinda scary otherwise. If anything ends up in front of me, Id be dead. And in that case it wouldnt really be a big deal whose fault they say it is. I just hold off till I need to turn, then slow down really slowly so they wont run me over.

I had one about 1 1/2 weeks ago where I just hit the shoulder. I was headed south on Friday, not many people out since the masses are headed north on Fridays, going about 65 in a 70. A Dodge Sprinter with Parts Plus logos came barreling at me, had to be going at least 90. I just hit the shoulder and just missed getting turned into an accordion. Even so, they didnt even move over to the empty left lane. It was like I wasnt even there.

Sometimes Im tempted to call up some of these commercial folks with "hows my driving" stickers on the back. But then I wonder if rather than the company, Ill just get the cellphone of the jerk who is driving and cause more issues.

Winter daily driver, parked most days right now

Summer daily driver