View Single Post
Old 07-21-2020, 01:57 AM   #85 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 29.44 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xist View Post
I will be installing Helicoils tomorrow, buying replacement screws, testing the heater core, and reinstalling.
[sigh] I am 1 for 4 and not the big one. There were plenty more things on the list, just not relevant for this thread. Sorry OP for going off-topic!

I had not made Kashi muffins for weeks and I bought these absurd pans for my brother's birthday a couple of weeks back:

Those are full-sized cups. This is one pan to rule them all-except I bought two. Each of them takes up most of the oven rack.

Yeah, that is undesirable. I always rotate what I am baking halfway through to ensure that they are evenly baked, but the pan is so big and awkward that the muffins fell when I rotated them, despite being as careful as posisble, so I need to see if the oven cooks evenly after all.

Who knows? Mom cooked salman and it melted some of the paint!

It wasn't important, but I had an entire box of Kashi soaking in 3 cups of milk in a big bowl in the refrigerator.

It turns out that my brother is a stinker. Apparently he pulled back the plastic wrap in one spot and grabbed a handful of cereal.

Why wouldn't you want soggy cereal?!

I didn't feel like letting it sit for another day or two, although being the muffin man is time-intensive.

For some reason I was falling asleep after eating 9 muffins. Carb coma? Kashi has 11g of protein per serving and more than half of the flour was almond, but I am sure that I still ate a ridiculous amount of muffins. However, I was only able to sleep four hours last night, and four hours the night before.

I got up and bought some M4x.7 screws for the clamps, but Ace was already closed, so instead of driving less than a mile and maneuvering a small store, I drove almost six miles, and walked around a warehouse.

The other thing is that Ace has a much more user-friendly fastener section. I felt like that was an excessive amount of work for 64¢.

It fit!

I cut a 1" section of inner tube, but it was a pain to work that much tight rubber on the joint. I think that half an inch would have been much better. Maybe a wider inner tube would be, too, but would that be too thick?

There is a tiny amount of movement when I wiggle them.

I could have commenced Heater Core Test Mach Three, but I really wanted to do that during the day!

So, I took Zzzquil and melatonin, but I remembered that I had not signed my school contract. I checked everywhere I could find for local speech jobs.

I guess that this is my best opportunity!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	I am the muffin man.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	60.3 KB
ID:	28777