View Single Post
Old 07-22-2020, 03:29 AM   #86 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 29.44 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
No real progress today. Sorry, eh.

Remainders from Monday's to-do list:
  1. Installing Helicoils
  2. Testing the heater core
  3. Reinstalling the heater core

Someone called TheMazzy gave me the idea on Imgur July 8th. I thought that someone here mentioned it and I wanted to give him an honorable mention, but I cannot find it now. It turns out that all I needed came in the box. As I mentioned here, I flushed the radiator, disconnected the hoses going to the heater core, connected aluminum pipes to the hoses, which I had clamped to the heater core. I filled the radiator with 100% water and idled for as long as I could before seeing my client. I took her for a drive afterward and it seemed to be leaking from the joints, but hopefully new clamps won't have that issue:

Right before I saw my last client my brother asked me to take him to Family Dollar. It used to be that if he asked to go somewhere I took him as soon as I could. I try to encourage him to communicate as much as possible.

I don't like taking him anywhere anymore. If he says that he wants a Whopper I go and get one for him. We wanted to make sure that he wanted something specific, not just to wander through the entire store, and then retrace his steps in reverse.

"What do you want from Family Dollar?"
"I want Family Dollar."

We phrased it as many ways as we could and he gave us the exact same answer each and every time. He wasn't really communicating, he undoubtedly just wanted to walk down every aisle in each direction, and there was a risk to taking him, but we just wanted to get over with it.

I wanted to hurry, bring him home, and then run to Walmart for distilled water, but it was too close to his bath time, and before he can take a bath he needs to close the curtains, take out the garbage and recycling, and a few other things.

It is aggravating. We need to get him into the bath so we can keep him on schedule. Sometimes he quickly takes care of everything and other nights it takes an hour or two and he may do the exact same thing after his bath.

Don't kid yourself that it is any faster to do these things myself. He will throw a tantrum and then, for example, open the curtains, roam the house for a while, close them, wander around, and repeat for far too long.

There was one day that I was so frustrated with my brother wasting my time I announced that I was going to have him pay for my heater core installation, but of course I won't.

I will do it myself.

Eventually.