View Single Post
Old 09-23-2008, 07:14 PM   #25 (permalink)
lamebums
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tasdrouille View Post
There's a bumper sticker idea I really liked over at CMPG:

Research Vehicle - Please Pass
Hi tasdrouille--

You're talking about diamondlarry and I have driven his Prius before. With a sicker as big and obvious as his, I have never had problems with traffic when behind the wheel of his car. We've used his Prius a few times for fuel economy challenges during CincyMPG meets and usually the Priuses get harassed by angry and impatient speeders who could have gone around at any time

With regards to tailgaters, it depends what theyre doing. Assume in all cases that the tailgater could easily go around since 90% of my driving is on a six-lane Interstate:

If it's a woman on the phone (this is 60% of all tailgaters) they'll get in close and then fall in line. I'll ignore these unless there's clear signs of impatience back there.

If it's a hotrod in a lifted pickup or a ricer then I'll coast down and bleed away speed until they get the idea.

If they use the horn I roll down the window and point my thumb out towards the next lane over, clearly and obviously.

The trigger that causes me to snap, especially at night, is hitting the flashers repeatedly. I'll probably brake check any urban cowboy who tries that **** on me. If they persist then I call 911 (which I've only had to do once, and that was to report a drunk driver who was tailgating).